Identity Theft Protection Tips
With the holidays right around the corner, you may find yourself spending more time at the mall and online making sure you get everything on everyone’s wish lists. While you are shopping for the perfect gift, it is important to make sure you do all you can to keep your personal information safe. Keep these identity theft prevention tips in mind to ensure you and your personal information stay safe this season.
- Clear out your wallet before you head out. Do not keep any extra personal information, such as extra credit cards or your passport in your wallet or purse while you are shopping.
- Use your credit card, not your debit card. Credit card companies have much better identity theft prevention policies and you are more likely to get reimbursed if your identity is stolen.
- Check the URL of any website that you are buying gifts on. Make sure that the URL includes “https” and not just “http” since the extra “s” means that the site is secure. Do not put your personal information into any website that does not include the extra “s.”
- Update all of your anti-spyware and anti-virus programs on your computer when they are available. Having up to date programs will help to keep your personal information much safer.
- Monitor all of your accounts during the holiday season. If you see any discrepancies on any of your accounts, make sure to call your bank or credit card company as soon as possible to get any problems fixed.
Having the right insurance policies is the best way to ensure that you stay safe while you are shopping for all of your holiday gifts. Contact the insurance professionals at Idaho Insurance / Affordable Insurance in Caldwell, Idaho for all of your insurance needs.