Car Maintenance Tips for Winter
With the cold, winter weather setting in, you may find yourself driving on snow and ice covered roads. While you cannot completely avoid driving this season, there are some steps that you can take to ensure that your car is ready for the dropping temperatures. Keep these winter car care tips in mind to ensure that you stay safe while behind the wheel this season.
- Check your tires – make sure that your tires are properly inflated to the manufacturer’s recommended pressure. Also make sure that your tires have enough tread. Place a penny upside down in the tread of your tires. If you can see all of Lincoln’s head, it is time to get new tires.
- Clean your fuel injector – having a clean fuel injector will ensure that your car will start and idle smoothly in the cold weather. A clean fuel injector will also help to improve the fuel efficiency of your vehicle.
- Check all of your fluid levels – check the levels of your power steering, coolant, transmission fluids and windshield washing fluid. Having the right amount of fluid in your car can help to ensure that it runs properly.
- Clean your air filter – clean out any debris that has collected in your air filter. A clean air filter will help your car run more efficiently and help prevent larger problems.
- Have an emergency kit – keep a winter emergency kit in your car at all times during the winter. The kit should include jumper cables, flashlights and batteries, blankets, food, and water in case you get stuck on the side of the road.
The best way to ensure that you are protected from any situation this winter is to invest in the right auto insurance policy. Contact the insurance experts at Idaho Insurance / Affordable Insurance in Caldwell, Idaho for all of your auto insurance coverage needs.