Read More" />

Carbon Monoxide: The Silent Killer

That odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas known as carbon monoxide can leave fatal tragedies in its path. Compiled are important “must-know” facts about the silent killer:

  • Each home must be equipped with a carbon monoxide alarm system. As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to test your alarm system on a regular basis. If you have a two-story house, you will want to install an alarm system on each level.
  • Did you know every single member in your house is at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning, even your furry family members?
  • If you begin feeling flu-like systems, you may have low levels of carbon monoxide in your system. Moderate levels cause dizziness. Those who are exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide typically experience fatal effects within minutes.
  • You must evacuate your home the second the alarm goes off, or if anyone in the house is experiencing any symptoms. Before evacuating and contacting the fire department, open all windows to ventilate your home.

Idaho Insurance strives to provide you with the peace of mind knowing you are safe in your own home. Contact us today for all of your Idaho homeowners’ insurance needs.

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 208-459-0070