Leave these foods for the dinner table, not your car.
Distracted driving is one of the most dangerous situations you can put yourself and the drivers around you in. While most people think of cell phones when they think of distracted driving, there are many other causes of distracted driving that can lead to serious trouble, including eating.
Eating while behind the wheel may seem like a time-saver, but it can actually be very dangerous. No matter what you are eating while you are driving, you are not focused on the road ahead. If you must eat while you are driving, make sure to avoid these top 5 worst foods to eat while driving to help keep you as safe as possible.
- Coffee – even with a spill proof lid, there is still a big chance that you will end up wearing your coffee, and the pain of the hot coffee can add to the distraction.
- Soup – just like coffee, a hot soup spill can lead to a much bigger distraction while you are driving.
- Tacos – even in the best situations, tacos will fall apart in just seconds, which typically will require two hands to fully enjoy, meaning you will have no hands to keep control of your car.
- Chili – keeping chili on your spoon is much more difficult than you may realize, and can be made even harder when driving over the bumps in the road.
- Barbecued foods – have you ever been able to eat anything slathered in BBQ sauce without making a mess? We didn’t think so. Keep your shirt and car clean by leaving the barbecued foods for the backyard.
Having the right auto insurance place can help to keep you covered in case you make any safe driving mistakes. Contact Idaho Insurance /Affordable Insurance in Caldwell, Idaho for all of your car insurance needs and more eating and driving safety tips to keep you safe on the road.