Before your kids fill up on candy this Halloween, prepare this quick and easy dinner.
Halloween is almost here, and if you have kids, chances are candy has been the topic of most discussions. While you don’t want to deny your kids the chance to get a little sugared up on Halloween, keeping their sugar intake to a minimum can be helpful for everyone. Keep this Halloween dinner recipe in mind to help curb your kids sugar intake while out trick or treating.
Bats and Cobwebs Casserole
You will need:
- 1 package farfalle pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cup into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Boil the pasta. Stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain out the fat. Stir in the pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Stir cooked pasta and half the mozzarella cheese into the sauce, toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Bake in the oven until lightly browned and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes.
All of us at Idaho Insurance / Affordable Insurance in Caldwell, Idaho would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe Halloween!