Tires screeching, and glass breaking; these are the dreaded sounds that lead to vehicular damage, and the financial hardship that comes with an automobile accident. Once the dust has settled, you must begin the process of alerting your auto insurance company. This can be a stressful time, so here are some steps to follow that, if done correctly, will make the process a bit easier.
- Evaluate whether the damage done is worth filing a claim. Every time you file with your company, it remains on your record. Therefore, if you can financially handle the damage done without help from your insurance company, it is smart to do just that.
- Find a “what to do after an auto accident worksheet” online, and complete it as soon as possible. This worksheet will help you remember the details of your accident that you will need if you decide to file a claim.
- File the claim as soon as you can.
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a call from the other party’s insurance company. They will want to hear the details of the accident from your perspective. The “what to do after an auto accident worksheet” will be useful in this situation as well. Don’t forget to take down the name of the representative you spoke to, and all the information you gave them.
- Repair your vehicle! Once your claim has been processed and accepted you may get a visit from an insurance adjuster who will evaluate the damage. You may then be sent to a previously approved shop to get it repaired.
For any insurance related questions, please contact Idaho Insurance in Caldwell!